Thursday, August 3, 2017

Seize the Birthday - Tie One On

Hello crafty friends!!! 

Hope your Summer is going great so far!!!  I have a Summer Birthday card to share with you today! 
It's for the new Seize the Birthday challenge. The Toppings Option for the next fortnight is 

TIE ONE ON 

As you know you may enter any newly created birthday card, if you don't want to take the Topping. 


I tied a hammock between two palm trees!!! Honestly I'd love to be there in my card ....


To start off I made the circle beach scene on my A2 cardbase. I made a mask using a circle die and blended Warm Hazelnut for the sand, Cali Blue and Parisian Blue for the ocean (using blending tool) and Cali Blue on the sky (using Clarity Stencil Brush and homemade cloud stencil) while masking the other area. I then stamped the small palm tree from Palm Tree stamp set by The Ton in Soft Garden, Deep Emerald, Basil Mojito and Found Topaz. The hammock was stamped in Noir and the grass in Soft Garden and Deep Emerald. I die cut all the small elements using coordinating dies and foam mounted on the card base as shown in the picture. I added some natural twine to the hammock to tie it between the palm trees :).  The sentiment "Happy Summer" is from Palm Tree set as well. I stamped it in Parisian Blue and "Happy Birthday" from Beer set in Noir. To finish off I stamped the gulls in Smoky Quartz.


I hope I could inspire you with my card to join us for the new challenge!

Please hop over to the Seize the Birthday blog to see the awesome projects by my teammates and our Surprise Party Guest Linsey from Bashful Blogging!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Have a happy day!
Hugs,
TaeEun

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful and ever-so-clever!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. 해변신이 넘나 멋집니다 ^^ 카드에 뭐든 묶는게 들어가야 하는 건가요? 해외 말은 여전히 서툴러서 가끔 챌린지 주제가 주어질때 뭘 하란건지 이해를 못하는 경우도 허다해여^^;;;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a creative way to implement 'Tie on'!! You are right, I would love to be in that scene too!!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this gorgeous Summer beach scene TaeEun and beautifully coloured and I love the added stamped and die cut elements and the sweet birds finish it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will join you and we can take turns on the hammock! Super clear card and love the you incorporated the twine with the hammock! Great job thinking outside the box! Always a pleasure to come by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, I want to be where your card is! What a beautiful and relaxing scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a clever interpretation! Great beach scene too

    ReplyDelete
  8. TaeEun this is fabulous! Love your serene scene, and your use of twine is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever to do the hammock for this challenge. I love your scene, so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to visit this peaceful scene! Lovely TaeEun!!

    Hope your summer is going great : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so fantastic! Love the gorgeous little scene and your take on the challenge is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!