Thursday, June 15, 2017

The Flower Challenge #9 - Anything Goes Reminder

Hello everyone! 

We are already in the middle of June and it's time for a reminder post for The Flower Challenge #9
It is Anything Goes challenge, so you can link up any newly created project, on which flowers are the main focus. 


I've created a CAS looking floral card. My original plan was making a one layer card like one of my previous cards. I've got new Distress Oxide inks recently and I wanted to make the similar card like it using them. So I've made a background panel using smooshing technique with Oxide inks on some Mixed Media paper. And stamped the Anemone Bouquet from The Ton in Caviar Hybrid ink (Copic-friendly) and colored the bouquet with Copic markers keeping the colors of the background on the flowers. But I didn't like the background at all and so I decided to cut out the bouquet. 


I die cut the Anemone Bouquet using Coordinating die and foam mounted it on my black card base. Before I mounted the bouquet, I adhered some multicolored twine on the bottom part of the card base and white heat embossed the sentiment from the same stamp set. A bow to tie the bouquet was added. I drew the black stamen using a black glaze pen and added glitter drops on the flower center using White Blizzard Nuvo Drops. I finished off the card by rounding a corner.


If you want to know which card design I actually had in my mind, you can watch the video tutorial for the Oxide background + Copic coloring by Kelly Latevola HERE.
Hope I could show you other project using that technique soon :)!

Thank you so much for looking! Please visit The Flower Challenge blog to get more inspiration from my team mates :)! And don't forget to join us!

Have a crafty day!
Hugs,
TaeEun

8 comments:

  1. Also noch viel besser hier als auch Instagram! So wunderschön!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each time I come to visit it is like coming to a Botanical Garden catalogue each card is so stunning in creation. What a stunning card Tae Eun. So Eye catching

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Tae-Eun, such beautiful flowers and great use of colour too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunner. I think it looks amazing against the black background. I still haven't got any of the Oxide inks, although they do look yummy to play with. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bouquet is absolutely gorgeous, TaeEun! Your color palette is so pretty and I love that you placed it with a black background...such a striking card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow..so gorgeous TaeEun...love the dramatic visual impact it has..awesome!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. TaeEun, I have this stamp on my wish list but I think I'm going to pass it to the cart, just looking at your card makes it impossible to resist getting it any longer, LOL!!
    The colors just pop beautifully with the black background, just lovely.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think having those gorgeous flowers on a black background really makes them stand out, TaeEun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!